Located in the scenic Central Massachusetts town of Phillipston, Massachusetts, Red Apple Farm — a fourth generation family working farm — offers plenty to see, taste, and do; from wagon rides to tasty cider doughnuts, the Farm features fun and tastes for all ages.
And with November’s swift approach as Massachusetts’ reds, yellows, and oranges begin to fall, the 10th Annual Thanksgiving Harvest Festival at Red Apple Farm is the perfect weekend activity for friends and family — making it this month’s MassFinds “Find of the Month!”
The harvest festivities are set to kick off on Saturday, November 17th and run through Sunday, November 18th from 10AM – 4PM each day.
Featuring fresh, local bounty and products from an array of Massachusetts’ farms and artisans, the Harvest Festival also features live music and games, among many other harvest-themed activities.
Here’s the rundown!
For those seeking some live music, over the course of the weekend, the Festival will feature a collection of talented musical artists:
- Bila Band
- Blame it on Tina
- Fern and Rita
- Now & Then
- Francis Doughty
- Tim LeBlanc
- Luis Gonzales
- Nate Smith
- Rambling Boys
- Richard Chase
- Ryan Pasakinskas
In part with the entertainment, the Festival’s very own Harvest X-Games are sure to provide some fun, can’t-miss local competition:
- Pole Toss Competition
- Archery Turkey Shoot
- Hay Bale Tossing Championship
- Homebrew and Hard Cider Competition
- Field, Forest & Orchard 5K Run/Walk
Outside of the competition, visitors can take part in several other activities ranging from blacksmithing and pie making demonstrations to nature walks and pony rides:
- Food-Drive Raffle: for every 5 non-perishable food donations, which will support local are food pantries, you will be entered to win prizes donated by local businesses
- Joe Lambert and Chase Blacksmithing
- Wood Carvings by Joe Fanelli
- Cider-Pressing Demonstrations
- Farm Animals and Hay Rides
- Caricatures by Bill
- Gardner Ale House Beer Tent
- Kissing-Ball Making Demos
- Living History Civil War Encampment
- Pony Rides by Drum Run Farm
- Face Painting
- North Quabbin Woods Nature Walks
- Pie Making Demonstrations
So, for the ultimate pre-Thanksgiving weekend celebration, head to the 10th Annual Thanksgiving Harvest Festival at Red Apple Farm — where there’s something for everyone, their friends, family, and kids.
Admission to the Festival is $2 per person, with half off admission offered for those who make a non-perishable food donation.
Red Apple Farm is located at 455 Highland Avenue in Phillipston, MA 01331. For more information, call 800-628-4851. You can also find Red Apple Farm on Facebook here.
For information on lodging in Central Massachusetts, click here.
Photos courtesy of Red Apple Farm’s Facebook page.